Marketing Communications / Independent Consultant-Journalist
Creative Multimedia Collaborator to Educate and Edify: A Resource for the Future
Author of book published May 2018, When Headlines Hurt: Do We Have a Prayer? The Pope’s Words of Hope for Journalism. My blog has links for your purchase. This book on the Pope’s Franciscan prayer for journalism placed me on Catholic radio; you can listen to interviews in which I discuss Pope Francis’ message about news:
- “Church Life Today”–-the weekly radio program and podcast produced by the McGrath Institute for Church LIfe at the University of Notre Dame. Hear the Oct. 6, 2018, archive.
- “Living Stones”–the weekly syndicated radio show with co-hosts Deacon Harold Burke-Sivers and Ken Hallenius. Hear the two-part interview on Aug. 13 and Aug. 6.
- “Lisa Hendey and Friends”–the podcast hosted by a nationally respected Catholic blogger, author and commentator. Hear our conversation from July at this site.
- “Kresta in the Afternoon”–Al Kresta’s national radio show. Go to the archives, then download hour one for June 12; hear me at the 23:00 mark.
- “Son Rise Morning Show”--a daily program on the EWTN radio network, with co-host Matt Swaim. Go to Soundcloud for the June 15 episode, at the 1:49:00 mark.
- “The Kyle Heimann Show”--heard every morning on the Redeemer Radio stations in Fort Wayne and South Bend, IN. Hear the June 20 program at the 26:20 mark.
To review the book, or interview the author, click here for a free pdf:
Media/public relations consultant and writer, member of development team at Good Counsel Inc., based in NYC area. News releases and other writing yielded a number of stories, national and local, in new and traditional media. Thank you, Our Sunday Visitor, for your recent coverage of how Good Counsel’s maternity homes empower women.
Outreach specialist and writer, for the Science & Religion Initiative and other activities at U. of Notre Dame’s McGrath Institute for Church Life. See my S&RI newspaper article. News items posted at Institute site July-October: S&RI; Ratzinger book; Dignity of women.
Freelance writer/consultant, August 2018-present, Purdue U. College of Engineering.
Podcast co-anchor and assistant producer
- “EncounterPoints” series, available on iTunes and at EncounterPoints.com. Writer, online show notes. Co-anchor: Ken Hallenius. Subject: evangelization.
- “That’s So Second Millennium.” Co-anchor: Dr. Paul Giesting. Subject: science/faith. Interviews have included Fr. Robert Spitzer, SJ, and Br. Guy Consolmagno, SJ.
- 11/21/18. Kyle Heimann played the “CathMath” (Catholic Math) game I created on The Kyle Heimann Show on Redeemer Radio. Enjoy this chance to learn and laugh.
- 8/7/18. Kyle Heimann and Andrea Serrani played the “Secular Synonyms” game I created on The Kyle Heimann Show, Have a laugh here.
- On-air appearance with drive-time radio host for musical game-show–appearance #2 — accordion performance
- On-air appearance with drive-time radio host for musical game-show–appearance #1 — accordion performance
- Interviewer in Notre Dame podcast exploring inspirations for Catholic school teachers
Video appearances and videography teams
- commentator/musician (in a video made by Chuck Fry), honoring veterans (like my father) in South Bend’s 2018 Memorial Day Parade.
- Videographer for local PBS program “Our Town South Bend” segment on immigrants’ faith — appeared on WNIT-TV in 2016
- Asst. producer/writer for video attracting supporters for an Indiana STEM-teaching program
Multimedia promotion strategist and planning aide, The Music Village, school and community arts center. Marketing assistant for innovations in teaching / performances; created print products (content and design) for two Open House events.
Freelance public relations writing and media outreach, Society of Catholic Scientists, announcement hailing vote by astronomers that honored priest-discoverer of “Big Bang” theory.
Accordionist, doing solo and group performances in the South Bend area (concerts, community events, restaurants/parties). Frequent performer with the Music Village “Jammers,” including gig on shuttle bus for Downtown South Bend evening fest (see video from Facebook Live at “DTSB First Fridays” page; Nov. 4 posting on my timeline).
Author/publisher of gift book, Heartfelt Gifts to You, to Share (© 2018). This venture followed publication of two books (as described in a blog interview with Lisa Hendey) by the University of Notre Dame Press.
Public speaking engagements, “Pope Francis and Journalism”, South Bend, IN, 4/7/18. Also, master of ceremonies for Solanus Casey Retreat/Conference, Huntington, IN, 6/29-7/1/18.
Leadership teams, “That Man is You” spiritual growth program (Sept. 2017-April 2018). Member and interim chair, Knights of Columbus parish roundtable, South Bend, 2017-2018.
Public relations team, reporting/writing/editing as a lifetime-professed member of the international Secular Franciscan Order, 2018.