Marketing Communications / Independent Consultant-Journalist
Creative Multimedia Collaborator to Educate and Edify: A Resource for the Future
- Author of book published July 2018, When Headlines Hurt: Do We Have a Prayer? The Pope’s Words of Hope for Journalism. My blog has links for your purchase. Reflections on Pope’s prayer for journalism placed me on Catholic radio: Hear me interviewed on the air and in podcasts. Book is available as e-book and paperback.
- Media/public relations consultant and writer, member of development team at Good Counsel Inc., based in NYC area. Successful video outreach.
- Outreach specialist and writer, for the Science & Religion Initiative and other activities at U. of Notre Dame’s McGrath Institute for Church Life. See my S&RI article. See July 31, 2018, Institute news release on S&RI as award recipient on ND site.
- News/feature writer, Today’s Catholic , Fort Wayne-South Bend Diocese.
- Podcast co-anchor and assistant producer, “EncounterPoints” series, available on iTunes and at EncounterPoints.com. Writer, online show notes.
- Radio host, live hour of fund–raising, Redeemer Radio, 4/20/18.
- Co-host and co-developer of podcast, “That’s So Second Millennium.” (previously co-developed, co-hosted podcast at University of Notre Dame).
- Commentary blogger, “What I’m Reading” series, Notre Dame Magazine.
- Multimedia promotion strategist and planning aide, The Music Village, school and community arts center. Marketing assistant for innovations in teaching / performances.
- Accordionist, doing solo and group performances in the South Bend area (concerts, community events, restaurants/parties) and on radio.
- Professional accordion instructor, in association with The Music Village (current) and the Forever Learning Institute (fall 2018), both in South Bend.
- Author/publisher of gift book, Heartfelt Gifts to You, to Share (© 2018).
This venture followed publication of two books by the University of Notre Dame Press.
- Weekly writer in radio format, advising on events and public service, Redeemer Radio.
- Public speaking engagements, “Pope Francis and Journalism”, 4/7/18. Also, master of ceremonies for Solanus Casey Retreat/Conference, 6/29-7/1/18.
- Active in leadership group, “That Man is You” spiritual growth program.
- Active member, Secular Franciscan Order, Knights of Columbus, American Marketing Association.